Our Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Medicine specialists see patients through the Outpatient Clinic at Charlotte Medical Clinic. We strive to deliver expert consultation for each individual patient and work collaboratively with their referring providers. Because of our consultative presence at Carolinas Medical Center-Main, our patients experience a high level of continuity between the outpatient and inpatient settings when hospitalization is required.
We have a full function PFT (pulmonary function test) lab capable of measuring spirometry, plethysmographic lung volumes, diffusion capacity, broncholdilator responsiveness, and bronchial hyper-responsiveness to methacholine. This process includes a formal 6-minute walk testing.
Diagnostic and therapeutic thoracentesis procedures are performed in the office.
A full range of diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy services are performed by our physicians at CMC-Main, including bronchoalveolar lavage, bronchoscopic lung biopsy, endobronchial ultrasound, transbronchial needle biopsy, and bronchial stenting.
Allergy testing and immunotherapy is available in our office with Dr. Edina Swartz, a board certified allergist and immunologist. This affords a multidisciplinary approach to patients with asthma and allergic lung disease.
Consultative services address all aspects of Pulmonary Medicine including:
- Obstructive lung disease: Asthma, COPD, Bronchiectasis
- Interstitial lung disease: Sarcoid, Idiopathic Interstitial Lung Disease, Pneumoconiosis
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary infections
- Genetic lung disease: Cystic Fibrosis, Alpha-1 Antitripsin Deficiency
- Pulmonary vascular disease: Thromboembolism, Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pleural disease
- Pulmonary complications of rheumatologic disorders
- Pulmonary complications of organ transplantation
- Pre-operative assessments
- Unexplained cough and dyspnea
Sleep Medicine consultation addresses all aspects of Sleep Medicine including:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Central sleep apnea and hypoventilation syndromes
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us at 704-355-5375.