As part of Carolinas HealthCare System, Carolinas HealthCare System Pineville provides access to our fellowship-trained sports medicine physicians who have expertise in the diagnosis and management of sports-related conditions. From acute injuries to more chronic conditions -- whether the patient is an elite athlete or a weekend warrior -- our goal is to get you back to your active lifestyle.
Our sports medicine physicians work closely with patients of all ages - from children at the beginning of their sports careers to older athletes who just want to remain on the field. Our sports medicine team will develop treatment plans that are patient-centric and focus on maximizing participation in sports and recreational activities.
Our treatment regimen begins with a comprehensive physical evaluation and a detailed assessment of your injury. If needed, you may work with a physical therapist and/or athletic trainer who can design a rehabilitation program to fit your specific needs and goals.
Your treatment program will also focus on prevention to help you reduce the likelihood for re-injury when you resume activity.
We offer unique services related to athletics including:
- Joint and soft tissue injury treatment
- Treatment for muscle and ligament strains and sprains
- Stress fracture and simple fracture care
- Sports concussion evaluation and treatment
- Evaluation/treatment of medical conditions in athletes (e.g. overtraining, anemia, asthma)
- Exercise prescription and performance enhancement evaluations
- Special interest in endurance athletes
- Sports physicals
- Child and adolescent sports injury treatment
Available procedures include:
- Joint and soft tissue injections
- Casting/splinting of extremities
- Computerized concussion testing
- Gait analysis
To learn more about orthopedic physicians specializing in sports-related injuries, visit our Physician Directory.