Volunteers are valued members of the Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast team of dedicated workers.
The Volunteers at Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast began their work in 1937 - the same year NorthEast opened for business. Their countless hours of volunteering continue to support the staff of our medical center and help care for all who enter our doors.
Whether you're a retiree, a career professional, a high school student or homemaker, NorthEast has a volunteer opportunity for you.
Assignments are made based on your skills, interests and placement openings.
Our Volunteer Services staff will meet with you to talk about the type of volunteer opportunity you're looking for and the time commitment you'd like to make. After completion of the pre-placement requirements, you'll be ready to embark on your Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast volunteer experience.
Pre-placement requirements include:
- Completion of volunteer application
- Health Screening, including 2 TB tests (provided)
- Background check
Adult Volunteer Application (18 years old and out of high school)
Daytime, evening and weekend volunteer positions available
- There is a variety of volunteer positions to choose from- office work to helping discharge and transport patients in wheelchairs.
- Volunteer schedules vary by department needs, but most volunteer shifts are 3-4 hours, once a week
Junior Volunteers (14 years old to rising seniors in high school)
- Our Junior Volunteer program is held during the summer month
- Junior Volunteer applications are only accepted in February through
the first of April
- Contact the Volunteer Services office in January to request a Junior Volunteer application in the mail. Please let us know you are a teen interested in being a Junior Volunteer, so we are sure to mail you the correct application.
Call Volunteer Services: 704-403-1376 or email us at email@example.com