Hospice & Palliative Care of Cabarrus County, an affiliate of CMC-NorthEast, serves adults and children with any life-limiting illness. Hospice care enables patients to remain at home with their family, while obtaining a level of care formerly possible only in the hospital setting.
- Care plans are developed for each patient and family by the interdisciplinary team that includes the patient's physician, Hospice medical directors, RNs, medical social workers, CNAs, chaplains, counselors and volunteers
- Focus of care is on comfort and improved quality of life in the final months or weeks of life. Patients may leave hospice care to seek new or aggressive treatment
- Families and loved ones are provided bereavement care for thirteen months following their loved one's death
- Grief counseling is available to anyone in the community and includes support groups, individual counseling and a 3-day grief camp for children
- Hospice is ACHC accredited
- Special hospice benefits are available through Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance. Patients are not denied services due to inability to pay for care
For additional information or referral, call Hospice at 704-935-9434 or visit their web site.