The Case Management Department screens patients admitted to the hospital to assess the patient's future health care needs once he or she leaves the hospital and arranges for the necessary services with the patient, family, and physician. Case Management staff is well-versed in areas such as managed care, community resources, state, and federal resources programs. In addition, the Case Management Department will work with insurance carriers to determine coverage and reimbursement under the patient's contract.
Some of the important services our nurses and social workers can provide are listed below. If there is a service not listed here that you need, please inquire with your social worker.
- Family Support
- Abuse Counseling and Referral
- Patient/Family Education on diagnoses, community resources, and support groups
- Discharge Planning for help in obtaining needed services when leaving the hospital
- Communication with insurance companies to help cover the cost of the hospital stay
- Communication with physicians, other nurses, therapists, and dieticians to provide quality care based on the latest research.
For more information about our services, please call the Case Management Department at 704-403-1597 or 704-403-2284.