The Lactation Center at Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast offers individual attention in a comfortable, home-like environment. Learning to nurse takes time, practice and patience. That is why our lactation consultants have advanced training in breastfeeding management and are certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners. We answer questions about how to read your baby's feeding cues, determine that breastfeeding is going well, and know your baby is getting enough milk.
Why choose the Lactation Center at Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast?
- a special relationship. Held twice per month for expectant mothers. Please call to register at 800-575-1275, as classes fill quickly.
- Inpatient and Outpatient consultations
- Breast pump rentals
- Breastfeeding Help Line 704-403-1186
- Baby weight check-ups
- Back to work planning
Our Lactation Consultants will work with you to:
10 tips for Breastfeeding Success
We've asked moms who've successfully breastfed, what are the secrets to successful breastfeeding? Here's what you told us:
- Prepare during pregnancy; read and attend classes if possible.
- Encourage your partner to come with you to breastfeeding classes.
- Breastfeed your baby as soon as possible after birth.
- Nurse often, not waiting for the baby to indicate hunger.
- Position baby correctly.
- Adjust to your baby's unique habits.
- Don't use bottles or pacifiers for at least two weeks.
- Electric pumps are best for working mothers.
- Nurse your baby wherever you feel most comfortable.
- You can wean anytime, but gradually.
Out of all these tips, we believe the most important one is to trust your instincts and enjoy this intimate experience.