BHC Horizons Outpatient Services
Behavioral Health Center Horizons Outpatient Services
1816 Lyndhurst Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28202
Our substance abuse Intensive Outpatient Program is designed for individuals who need intensive, goal-focused, ongoing treatment but do not meet specific criteria for inpatient hospitalization or traditional outpatient services. The program serves medically stable adults 18 or older who are suffering from alcohol or drug abuse.
- Initial assessment at no cost
- Individualized treatment plan
- Variable program lengths
- Day or evening sessions
- Driving While Impaired (DWI) Assessment, Education and Treatment Program
- 12-step recovery philosophy
- Continuing Care Program
- Relapse prevention focus
- Most insurance plans accepted
- 24-hour Call Center
In order to meet the needs of a wide range of patients, Horizons Outpatient Services offers both day and evening programs. Our counselors have broad training and experience in treating individuals from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
Goals and Objectives
- Educate patients and family members about the diseases of alcoholism and drug addiction
- Confront denial and minimization of substance abuse
- Emphasize the importance and significance of the 12-step recovery philosophy
- Encourage family support and recovery
- Identify relapse warning signs and "triggers"
- Learn relapse prevention techniques
Following completion of our outpatient program, patients may enter a Continuing Care Program in which participants meet with a professional counselor once a week.
Referrals and Admissions
Inquiries and admissions may be made 24-hours-a-day through our clinician-staffed Behavioral Health Call Center. Referrals may be made by self, family members, physicians, friends, employee assistance programs, employers, managed care organizations, clergy and any other individuals or agencies. Referrals and admissions or requests for additional information may be made 24 hours a day by calling 704-444-2400 or toll free 800-418-2065.
For our 24-Hour Behavioral Health Call Center, call 704-444-2400 or 800-418-2065.