CMC-Lincoln offers both inpatient and outpatient surgical services, and was recently awarded a 5-star patient satisfaction award for outpatient services. We are proud to offer some of the most advanced surgical procedures in the comfort and convenience of a location close to home, including PVP or Greenlight laser for enlarged prostates, sentinel lymph node biopsies and total laparoscopic hysterectomies. Minimally invasive procedures, such as laparoscopy and arthroscopy, greatly diminish patient discomfort and recovery time, and we offer such procedures in the treatment of many conditions.
Our 16-bed unit provides pre-operative and post-operative care for patients having surgical and endoscopic procedures. Staff provide pre- and post-op teaching, interviews with anesthesiologists, and tours of the surgical area as well.
For your convenience, we also have an outpatient surgery center in Denver.
The Operating Room offers an impressive level of technology. Well-trained surgeons specializing in general, gynecologic, vascular, ear-nose-throat, plastic, urological, orthopedics, ophthalmic (eye), and dental surgeries use the medical center's three state-of-the-art operating suites. A call team is available for emergency procedures 24 hours per day, seven days per week during non-scheduled working hours. There are 21 surgeons on staff.
In addition to the operating rooms, there are two endoscopy suites. Physicians perform upper and lower GI procedures at these locations as well as bronchoscopies. The department is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with a technician on call after hours, weekends and holidays for emergency procedures.
Types of Anesthesia
- General anesthesia – You are asleep during surgery.
- Conduction anesthesia – A nerve block numbs only the appropriate body part.
- Local anesthesia – Anesthetic is injected into a specific area.
- Local anesthesia with sedation – Anesthesia is injected into the surgery area only and a sedative is provided intravenously.
Types of Procedures — General Surgeries Performed:
- Colon surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecysterctomy
- Laparoscopic repair of hiatal hernias
- Laparoscopic assisted hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation
- Endoscopic shoulder repairs
- Endoscopic carpel tunnel repair
- Knee repairs
- Repair of all types of fractures
- Total joint replacement
- Plastic surgery
Post Anesthesia Care Unit
This 10-bed unit takes care of all surgical and endoscopy patients during their initial recovery period.
For more information about Surgical Services, call 980-212-1750.