Adult Rehabilitation Services
CMC-Lincoln's Rehabilitation team provides excellent, quality care at CMC-Lincoln for hospital patients as well as at convenient outpatient locations. For those patients requiring aquatic therapy, our team can provide care at the Lincoln County Family YMCA. We can also travel to local industries if needed. Therapy goals focus on improving function and safety to increase the patient's level of independence.
Our skilled clinicians evaluate and treat a number of medical needs that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Stroke, brain injury, Parkinson's disease
- Spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis
- Orthopedic conditions: fractures, sprains, strains, joint replacement surgery and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rheumatologic conditions: arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Arm and hand injuries: rotator cuff repair and nerve or tendon repair
- Chronic headaches, low back pain
- Dysphagia /swallowing disorders
- Lymphedema (excessive swelling)
- Pulmonary disorders such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Balance and gait disturbances
- Sports or industrial injuries
- Vertigo and vestibular problems
- Speech, language and cognitive problems
- Driving evaluations
Pediatric Rehabilitation Services
CMC-Lincoln Rehabilitation offers a pediatric collaborative team approach incorporating physical, occupational and speech therapy for children birth through adolescence. Therapy is provided in a variety of settings including our outpatient clinic, daycare, or the home (for qualifying children 0-3 years of age). Our team of pediatric specialists has more than 70 years of combined experience with a number of specialty certifications and trainings. These include sensory integration, neuro-developmental treatment, Beckman oral motor assessment and intervention.
Community Based Services
Our staff members are actively involved in surrounding communities, participating in community outreach events such as church and industry health fairs, school sports physicals, health career fairs, preschool screenings, autism support group, diabetes support group and senior exercise class. Staff members are available to provide general information education sessions to different community groups on osteoporosis, diabetic foot care, lymphedema, fall prevention, backpack safety and more.
CMC-Lincoln Rehabilitation is actively involved with local industries. We can help local industry maintain employee safety and prevent work related injuries with a number of different programs including performing ergonomic assessments and assisting with writing up the physical demands of job descriptions for industry jobs. Using innovative equipment, we perform pre-work screenings to make sure new hires and internal transfers are physically able to perform the jobs they are being hired for. We also perform return to work and fit for duty tests to ensure that employees are ready and able to return to their jobs after an injury.