You Can Rest Easy. Because We Never Do.
Carolinas HealthCare System Kannapolis includes a 24-hour emergency department with advanced diagnostic imaging and board-certified emergency specialists. Carolinas HealthCare System Kannapolis brings hospital-level emergency care to families of Kannapolis and the surrounding areas.
From broken bones and severe cuts to heart attacks and strokes, we are staffed and prepared to bring patients of all ages the highest level of emergency care quickly and efficiently. Backed by the breadth and depth of Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast, and the rest of the Carolinas Medical Center family, you and your family have immediate access to unrivaled technology and expertise.
Our 26,385 square-foot emergency facility provides:
- ten treatment rooms, including one designated as a trauma/resuscitation room
- two private observation rooms for monitoring
- physicians board-certified in emergency medicine
- emergency-trained staff to treat urgent and emergency situations
- on-call medical specialists available for consultation
- a full range of laboratory services
- an array of advanced diagnostic imaging services, including the most up-to-date CT scanner, digital X-ray and ultrasound
- rapid triage
- bedside registration for convenience and privacy
- emergency transportation by ambulance for critically ill or injured patients
- direct access to Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast and the advanced trauma services and resources at Carolinas Medical Center
Emergency Patient Transfers
If your injury or illness requires you to be admitted, you will be transported in an emergency vehicle to a hospital for further care. Our emergency department physicians communicate electronically with area hospitals to transmit patient data and test results, so physicians at the hospital will have information about your condition when you arrive.