CMC-Huntersville, located in Huntersville, NC, features a 24-hour emergency department, a facility of CMC-University, with advanced diagnostic imaging, board-certified emergency specialists and a helicopter pad for high-level trauma patients. The first of its kind in our region, the emergency department brings hospital-level emergency care to families of the Lake Norman area.
From broken bones and severe cuts to heart attacks and strokes, CMC-Huntersville is staffed and prepared to bring patients of all ages the highest level of emergency care quickly and efficiently. Backed by the breadth and depth of Carolinas Medical Center, the region's only Level I Trauma Center, you and your family will have immediate access to unrivaled technology and expertise.
Our CMC-Huntersville emergency facility provides:
- Treatment rooms, including one designated as a trauma/resuscitation room
- Private observation rooms for monitoring
- Physicians board-certified in emergency medicine
- Emergency-trained staff to treat urgent and emergency situations
- On-call medical specialists available for consultation
- A full range of laboratory services
- An array of advanced diagnostic imaging services, including the most up-to-date CT scanner, digital X-ray and ultrasound
- Rapid triage
- Bedside registration for convenience and privacy Emergency transportation by ambulance or helicopter for critically ill or injured patients
- Direct access to Carolinas Medical Center-University and the advanced trauma services and resources at Carolinas Medical Center
Emergency Patient Transfers
Should a patient require hospitalization, they will be transported in an emergency vehicle to a hospital for further care. Our emergency department physicians communicate electronically with area hospitals to transmit patient data and test results, so physicians at the hospital will have information about your condition when you arrive.