CMC-Elizabeth Family Medicine's fellowship-trained sports medicine physicians have expertise in the diagnosis and management of sports-related conditions. From acute injuries to more chronic conditions, whether an elite athlete or a weekend warrior, our goal is to get you back to your active lifestyle.
Our sports medicine physicians work closely with patients of all ages: from kids and teens at the beginning of their sports endeavors to older athletes who want to remain on the field. Our sports medicine team will develop treatment plans that are patient-centered and focus on maximizing participation in sports and recreational activities.
Our treatment regimen begins with a comprehensive physical evaluation and a detailed assessment of your injury. If needed, you may work with a physical therapist and/or athletic trainer who can design a rehabilitation program to fit your specific needs and goals.
Your treatment program will also focus on prevention to help you reduce the likelihood for re-injury when you resume your favorite activity.
We offer unique services related to athletics including:
- Joint and soft tissue injuries
- Muscle and ligament strains and sprains
- Stress fracture and simple fracture care
- Sports concussion evaluation and treatment
- Medical conditions in athletes (e.g. overtraining, anemia, asthma)
- Exercise prescription, performance enhancement evaluations
- Special interest in endurance athletes
- Sports physicals
- Children, adolescents with sports
Procedures available include:
- Joint and soft tissue injections
- Casting/splinting of extremities
- Computerized concussion testing
- Gait analysis
For more information, contact us at 704-304-7000.