CMC offers on-line pre-registration and bill paying services to our patients. Our on-line services make pre-registration and bill paying easy and convenient.
Follow these steps to pre-register for your surgery:
- Go to carolinashealthcare.org
- Click Online Tools
- Click on Hospital Pre-Registration
- Complete the information requested and click on "Submit"
- You will receive confirmation that your information has been accepted and may be contacted if additional information is needed
For questions regarding pre-registration or to register by phone, please call 704-512-2000.
Pre-Operative Screening Clinic
Based on your health, age, or surgery, an appointment to meet with a member of the anesthesia care team may be required. During this visit they will evaluate and clear you to receive anesthesia for your surgery or procedure.
Your visit will take about two hours. We will review your medical history with you. We will give you special instructions for the day of your surgery. You will also be able to ask questions about your anesthesia. You will have lab work and/or diagnostic studies performed during this visit.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Insurance, Medicaid, Medicare card(s), picture ID
- A complete list of medications including dosages and when you take them. Please use the enclosed form.
- Copies of any recent lab work or diagnostic studies, if you can get them. If you are not able to get your results, please bring the doctor's name, date of visit, and office phone number with you to your appointment.
- A copy of your Living Will or Healthcare Power of Attorney if you have either in place. We provide information on both at your request.
When you come for your appointment, only one person may come with you. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, call 704-355-5775 or 1-877-995-9797.
Please park in the visitor parking deck and enter through the main lobby of CMC. Once inside the lobby, the Pre-Operative Screening Clinic is located on the left.
Preparing for Your Surgery
- You should stop smoking or using tobacco as soon as you know you are having surgery. This will improve your healing after surgery. Quitting tobacco is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Call these free resources for help: 800-QUIT.NOW (800-784-8669) or 866-QUIT-YES (866-784-8937).
- Please note that our hospital is TOBACCO FREE and smoking is not permitted on campus.
- Stop drinking alcohol - liquor, beer, and/or wine - at least two days before surgery.
- Ask your doctor about taking medications before surgery, including aspirin, ibuprofen (such as Motrin or Advil), and blood thinning medicines. Please check with your surgeon regarding when to stop taking these medications.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. This includes water, gum, or hard candy. Eating or drinking increases the risk of severe, life-threatening complications. You may have to re-schedule your surgery. If you eat or drink something, tell the nurse as soon as you arrive at the hospital.
- If you have been instructed to take any medicine before your surgery, please do so with only a sip of water.
- Call your surgeon if you develop a fever, cold, skin rash, or infection. Surgery may have to be postponed.
- Ask your surgeon about any special instructions for your surgery.
- If you have had a hospital bracelet placed on your arm during a pre-operative appointment, please do not remove it.