||"As parents, we're more comfortable
understanding how the decision
for our son are being made,
and being included throughout the process
truly exemplifies family-centered care."
- Jennifer Howard, parent of nephrology patient
The Pediatric Nephrology Program at Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, N.C. offers a comprehensive approach to the care of children with kidney problems on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Since the hospital opened in late 2007, our pediatric nephrology team has grown to include five physicians, as well as highly-skilled nurses and staff specializing in nephrology, dialysis and transplant.
Why Choose Pediatric Nephrology at Levine?
- Levine has ranked in the Top 50 "Best Children's Hospitals" in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for kidney disorders
- A board-certified pediatric nephrologist is available 24 hours a day to provide inpatient consultation and care
- Pediatric nephrology outpatient care is available at many of our Levine Children's Specialty Centers including Charlotte, Gastonia, and Hickory
- Only in-hospital pediatric dialysis unit in the Carolinas and we offer both inpatient and outpatient services
Conditions Diagnosed and Treated by Levine Pediatric Nephrologists
Acid-base and electrolyte disorders
Acute and chronic renal failure
Autoimmune disorders (SLE, vasculitis)
- Cystic kidney disease
Disorders of calcium and phosphorus
Genetic renal disorders
Hemolytic uremic syndrome
Metabolic bone disease
Osteoporosis in children
Urinary tract infections
Learn more about Pediatric Nephrology at Levine Children's Hospital.
To schedule an appointment with one of our pediatric nephrology specialists at the Levine Children's Specialty Centers you will need a referral from your pediatrician or family doctor. Download a referral form (PDF) and have your child's doctor fax it to us at 704-381-8801 or call the Children's Specialty Center directly at 704-381-8800 to make an appointment.