||"We can't praise the team enough
for all the care and compassion
given to us."
- Betty Dominick, parent of gastroenterology patient
The Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Division at Levine Children's Hospital and Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital is a growing team. We currently have six board certified gastroenterologists, a transplant hepatologist, two nurse practitioners, a pediatric nutritionist, caring nurses, and a grfeat office staff.
Why Choose Levine Children's Hospital or Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Division?
- Board-certified pediatric gastroenterologists have clinical experience in the treatment of common and complex gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disorders.
- Our Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology/Hepatology is the only program in Charlotte to offer esophageal impedance studies, which enables us to diagnose non-acid reflux in children with extraesophageal manifestations of gastroesophageal reflux.
- First in the Charlotte area to perform simultaneous placement of PEG and placement of gastrojejunostomy feeding tube to allow gastric decompression and simultaneous jejunal feedings in infants and children as risk for aspiration or with severe gastroparesis.
- First in the Charlotte area to use a 12F PEG tube that allows safe placement of gastrostomy tube in neonates as small as 2.5 kg or with orofacial malformations (micrognathia, cleft palate, etc). Today we have performed this procedure on more than 100 infants and children.
Extensive Pediatric Hepatology/Gastroenterology Services at Levine Children's Hospital and Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital
Our skilled staff diagnosis and treats infants, children, and teens with a variety of nutritional deficits, gastroenterology and liver conditions including:
- Abdominal pain
- Celiac disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Constipation/Hirschsprung's disease
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Esophageal varices
- Failure to thrive
- Feeding disorders/swallow dysfunction
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
- Liver disease
- Malabsorption disorders
- Motility disorders
- Nausea/ vomiting
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Reflux and vomiting
- Swallowed foreign bodies
- Short gut syndrome
Learn more about Pediatric Gastroenterology/Hepatology at Levine:
To schedule an appointment with one of our pediatric gastroenterology specialists, you will need a referral from your pediatrician or family doctor. Download a referral form and have your child's doctor fax it to us at 704-381-6851 or call the Children's Specialty Center directly at 704-381-6850 to make an appointment.
Find more information on GI office locations and pediatric hepatology/gastroenterology FAQs or call us at 704-381-6850.
Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital
Lay Har Cheng, MD, MSPH, sees patients at the Children's Specialty Centers in Concord and in the University area, which are affiliated with Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital. For information on services provided at this location, or to make an appointment, call 704-403-2660.