Charlotte Medical Clinic, with five locations in the Charlotte, NC area including Mint Hill and Waxhaw, offers a range of services that includes general internal medicine, endocrinology, gastroenterology, dermatology, pulmonology and critical care medicine, sleep medicine and sports medicine. We also offer a range of on-site diagnostic capabilities: women's health, men's health, aviation medicine, medical education and research.
- Cardiac and vascular testing: Exercise stress, stress echocardiography, dobutamine stress testing, echocardiography, Holter monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, pacemaker evaluation, carotid, arterial and venous ultrasound.
- Pulmonary function testing: Spirometry, lung volumes, gas diffusion, arterial blood gas analysis, methacholine challenge test (MCT), oximetry.
- Abdominal ultrasonography: Gall bladder, liver and biliary ultrasound.
- Radiographic studies: Chest, abdominal, bone and soft tissue and sinus radiography.
- Thyroid ultrasonography
- Bone density testing: DEXA scan, calibrated radiography.
- EMG testing (Electromyography)
- An infusion center for gastroenterology, endocrinology and rheumatology.
View after-hours care and contact information
Our primary care physicians provide women's services. Routine gynecologic care (pap smears, breast and pelvic examinations, contraceptive needs and more), osteoporosis screening and treatment, diagnosis and management of menopausal conditions, hormone replacement discussion and therapy, and prevention, screening and treatment for cardiovascular disease and cancer are all available. Four of our physicians and three physician assistants are women.
Our primary care physicians provide men's services health. These physicians are skilled in the diagnosis and management of prostate disease, impotence and cardiovascular disease and cancer prevention, screening and treatment.
Pilots, flight engineers and air traffic controllers are required to maintain certain health standards and must undergo periodic health examination and certification. One of our physicians, Dr. Hudson is a pilot and has been designated by the Federal Aviation Administration as Aviation Medical Examiners to provide these services. Our aviation medical examiners can also help those with special issuance needs navigate towards a favorable resolution.
Charlotte Medical Clinic has a strong commitment to medical education which spans four decades. All of our physicians hold clinical teaching positions (assistant, associate and full professorships) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and teaching positions in the Department of Internal Medicine at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte. Our physicians provide both inpatient and outpatient training for resident physicians at Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte in both general and subspecialty medicine. Medical students from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill rotate on a monthly basis for outpatient internal medicine education during their third year.
Our affiliation with Carolinas HealthCare System affords many opportunities for medical research. Physicians participate in pharmaceutical research efforts aimed at improving diagnosis and treatment of many conditions.