On this page:
Medical Student Elective Curriculum
Carolinas HealthCare System Faculty Appointments
Policy & Procedures (PDF) - This resource serves as an official guideline governing the appointment and advancement process for Carolinas HealthCare System.
- AAMC - A not-for-profit association that represents all 137 accredited and 17 accredited medical schools. Supports education, research and patient care.
- ACGME - The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education is an independent, private, nonprofit council that evaluates and accredits residency programs in the United States.
- AMEE - The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE). Members include educators, researchers, administrators, curriculum developers, assessors and students in medicine and the healthcare professions.
- Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers - The Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers (AIAMC) is a national membership organization whose members are major academic medical centers and health systems committed to quality patient care, medical education and research.
- Association for Hospital Medical Education - The AHME is a national, non-profit professional organization involved in the continuum of hospital-based medical education: undergraduate, graduate, and continuing medical education.
- Association for Standardized Patient Educators - ASPE is the international organization for professionals in the field of simulated and standardized patient methodology.
- LCME - The Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) is the nationally recognized accrediting authority for medical education programs leading to the M.D. degree in U.S. and Canadian medical schools. The LCME is sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges and the American Medical Association.
- POD Network - Professional and Organizational Development in Higher Education
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare - The SSH will lead in facilitating excellence in (multi-specialty) health care education, practice, and research through simulation modalities.
- Doc.com - An interactive curriculum resource that enhances learning beyond the pages of a textbook.
- TEDMED Talks - TEDMED is a community of people who are passionate about imagining the future of health and medicine.
- webM&M - Morbidity and Mortality Rounds on the Web. Users of AHRQ WebM&M may anonymously submit cases that highlight medical errors or other patient safety/quality issues.
- Med Ed Masters - Through a collaborative process, we have access to cutting edge materials from the brilliant minds of Emergency Medicine and Medical Education with the aim to enhance the educational process for you.
- PedEMMorsels.com - The goal of these Pediatric Emergency Medicine Morsels is to continue to encourage doctors to enhance and refine the care of pediatric patients.
Educational Management Tools
- MedHub - Web-enabled enterprise medical education management solution developed to improve communication, collaboration, and residency information management.
Interest Groups/Blogs/Social Media Groups
- AAMC-Helix - Helix is the AAMC's professional network, created to help members collaborate, communicate, and network.
- MedEdWorld - An international network through which organizations, medical schools and individual teachers can share ideas, experiences and expertise and collaborate in the further development of medical education.
- Scoopit-Medical Education-Canada - A collection of ideas, articles and other resources for people interested in medical education.
- Wing of Zock - Blog format, online community, for faculty, residents, students, and executives at medical schools and teaching hospitals. Highlighting innovations in clinical care, community engagement, medical information, and technology.
Interactive Teaching & Learning Technologies
- Poll Everywhere - Gather live responses in any venue: conferences, presentations, classrooms, radio, tv, print.
- Respondus - Tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard, ANGEL, Desire2Learn, eCollege, Moodle, and other learning systems.
- TurnItIn - Turnitin is plagiarism prevention system that makes it easy to identify students who submit unoriginal work.
- Academic Medicine - Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Medical Teacher - Medical Teacher is the journal of AMEE.
- Medical Education Online - A peer-reviewed international Open Access journal for disseminating information on the education and training of physicians and other health care professionals.
- Teaching and Learning in Medicine - Teaching and Learning in Medicine serves as an international forum for research on the purposes and processes of teaching and learning as they relate to the education of medical professionals.
- Medical Education - Peer-reviewed journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- PRB.org - Covers both U.S. and international demographic trends; and should appeal to many audiences, including students, teachers, researchers, and journalists.
- Lync - Microsoft® Lync® is an enterprise-ready unified communications platform. Users can keep track of their contacts’ availability; send an IM; start or join an audio, video, or web conference; or make a phone call—all through a consistent, familiar interface. Lync is built to fully integrate with Microsoft Office
- Voice Thread - Create and share dynamic conversations around documents, snapshots, diagrams and videos. You can talk, type, and draw right on the screen. Anyone can join the discussion from their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC.
- Prezi - Prezi is a cloud-based presentation software, with a zoomable canvas.
The Division of Medical Education and/or CHS in no way recommend or endorse any persons, or organizations on these links. We present them only as sources of information. Descriptions of the resources' experience, qualifications, and specializations, when given, are provided directly from the source and have not been validated in any way.