As a radiation therapy student, you will learn to utilize state-of-the-art technology for research and the treatment of cancer, while training alongside some of the best oncologists, physicists, and treatment professionals in the field of radiation oncology.
- Graduates have traditionally achieved 100 percent pass rates on professional certification exams and score higher than the national average
- Students receive clinical instruction from top medical providers affiliated with the Levine Cancer Institute, positioned to become the South’s leading cancer care center
- Students rotate through multiple clinical training facilities observing a range of care techniques and patient populations.
Our goal is to help each student acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to help those who are fighting to overcome cancer. We hope you will choose Carolinas College as you prepare for a rewarding career in radiation therapy.
Radiation therapy is the use of radiation to treat human diseases, especially cancer, and is often used in combination with surgery and chemotherapy. The radiation therapy program at Carolinas College:
- Offers clinical experiences within the large, integrated cancer network of Carolinas HealthCare System.
- Provides a unique opportunity to engage with the network of specialists at the Levine Cancer Institute.
- Boasts academic and clinical faculty who are committed to student success and quality.
The radiation therapy program is accredited by the Joint Review Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). Additional information regarding program effectiveness can be found in the Program Information section of this page and accreditation information can be found at www.jrcert.org.
For more information on the Radiation Therapy program, visit the Carolinas College information portal.