Carolinas College of Health Sciences offer Levels 1, 2, and 3 of the Healing Touch Program Practitioner certification series.
What is Healing Touch?
Healing Touch is a national certification program designed by a Janet Mentgen, RN, for nursing continuing education. While it was first offered as nursing continuing education, the classes are open to anyone who wishes to learn the work.
“Healing Touch is an energy therapy in which practitioners consciously use their hands in a heart-centered and intentional way to support and facilitate physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
It is s complementary (or integrative) energy therapy that can be used in conjunction with traditional therapies. Healing Touch utilizes light or near-body touch to clear, balance and energize the human energy system in a effort to promote healing for the mind, body and/or spirit. “
The Power of Touch
The goal of Healing Touch is to restore balance to the patient’s system to allow healing to occur. For more information, see the Healing Touch Program website.
Benefits of Healing Touch
- Reduces pain
- Accelerates postoperative recovery
- Improves mobility after surgery
- Decreases anxiety, tension, and stress
- Provides symptom relief during chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Reduces the effects of trauma, chronic pain
- Leads to shortened hospital stays
- Eases the dying process
Healing Touch Program Courses
Registration Information and Forms
- Regular Tuition $395.00**
- HTPA or AHNA $363.00**
- CHS Employee $355.00**
- Student $295.00** (must document at least 20 hours of classroom/education per week per HTP)
- Repeat $225.00 (no course notebook or technique cards)
Note: Fees include the course notebook and the Level Technique Cards.