Carolinas College General Studies Program
- General Education courses will contribute to students’ ability to communicate, think critically, apply course content, and understand the multifaceted includes, biological, psychological and sociological, on human nature.
- Students and alumni will positively reflect the effectiveness of General Education courses in providing a foundation for program course work and for employment within society.
- The Pre-Nursing program will prepare students to be successful in the Carolinas College Nursing program.
- General Education faculty will have proper qualifications and education to provide a curriculum congruent with the College mission.
- With input from communities of interest, General Education courses and the Pre- Nursing program will have goals, outcomes and practices that are consistent with College goals.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, either in written or oral format.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to understand the fundamental concepts and applications of the natural and life sciences.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze and understand the influence of different environmental, social and cultural contexts in shaping human thought and behavior.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to think critically, apply abstract concepts, and draw conclusions from course concepts.
- Students will indicate they received satisfactory class and lab experiences.
- The Pre-Nursing program will prepare students to successfully matriculate into the Carolinas College Nursing program.
- Pre-Nursing students will graduate and pass the licensure exam at the same rate or above compared to direct admits into the Nursing program.
- Students will indicate that General Education courses provided a foundation for later course work.
- Alumni will indicate that General Education courses provided a foundation for later course work and for working within society.
- Program practices and faculty will meet SACS requirements.
- Faculty will complete regularly continuing education/professional development activities to stay current in their field, as well as in the art of teaching.
- With input from the advisory committee, program goals, outcomes and practices will be reviewed annually for currency and consistency with College goals.
Last updated: June 2011