Carolinas College of Health Sciences administers financial aid without regard to race, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability. We offer a comprehensive program of federal and nonfederal aid to assist students in meeting educational expenses.
Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Carolinas HealthCare System offers a loan agreement to finance up to $10,000 for students enrolled in Nursing and Radiologic Technology and up to $5,000 for students enrolled in Histotechnology, Medical Laboratory Science, Radiation Therapy and Surgical Technology. This loan defers payment on principal and interest until the student leaves the program by withdrawal, dismissal or graduation. Payment plans are available at that time. If the graduate becomes employed full-time by an eligible Carolinas HealthCare System facility, a work forgiveness option is available. The Student Loan Program is available at the discretion of Carolinas HealthCare System.
Federal Student Aid
Students enrolled in a program of study at Carolinas College of Health Sciences may be eligible for the following federal student aid programs:
- Federal Pell Grant Program
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan and Federal Direct Plus (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Program
- Federal Work-Study
Information and application procedures for participation in these programs can be obtained in the Financial Aid Office or by visiting the U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid website (FAFSA). Include the Federal School Code for Carolinas College – 031042 – on the application.
Eligibility for Federal Aid Programs
To determine eligibility, the financial circumstances of you and/or family will be reviewed according to a methodology established by the U.S. Congress. Items considered: the income and assets of you and/or family, the number of persons in the household and the number in college, taxes paid, medical expenses and awards from private sources.
North Carolina State Aid
Legal residents of the State of North Carolina may be eligible for assistance in the form of the Forgivable Education Loan for Service Program (FELS) or the North Carolina Need-Based Scholarship Program. Information regarding eligibility and application for these programs is available at www.cfnc.org.
Funds from Carolinas HealthCare Foundation, local individuals, businesses and organizations are made available to students each year in the form of scholarships. Scholarship criteria may include academic achievement and/or financial need. Additional information may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office. More than $65,000 was awarded in scholarships last year. Examples of current aid sources:
- Betty Anderson Scholarship
- Carolinas HealthCare Surgical Technology Academic Scholarship
- Carolinas Nursing Endowment Scholarship
- Charles U. Mauney Medical Laboratory Science Scholarship
- Clontz Nursing Scholarship
- Connie Anderson Scholarship
- Cynthia Favorite Nursing Scholarship
- Elinor Cadell Scholarship
- Friends of CMC Nursing Scholarship
- Harris Nursing Scholarship
- Hollandsworth Scholarship
- Irene Millroy Community Health Scholarship
- Marilyn F. Gaffney Memorial Scholarship
- Nell Nurkin Nursing Scholarship
- North Carolina Student Loan Program for Health, Science & Mathematics or Nurse Scholars Program
- Nursing Advancement Scholarship
- Rollins Nursing Scholarship
- Spaugh Nursing Scholarship
- Special Needs Nursing Scholarship
- Stack Nursing Scholarship
- Stricker Radiologic Technology Scholarship
- Stone Nursing Scholarship
- Tillery Scholarship
Carolinas College is approved for VA benefits through the North Carolina State Approving Agency. Visit www.gibill.va.gov for information on VA benefits and how to apply.