Volunteers play a vital role in the healthcare we provide and in the success of Carolinas Rehabilitation. Volunteers help carry out the mission of Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS)by providing a helping hand or listening ears to our patients and families during their stay at our facility. Our volunteers live the mission, vision and values of our healthcare system.
Volunteers participate as valued members of our team. We invite you to share your gift of volunteering. Whether you are a retiree, a career professional, a student or homemaker, Carolinas Rehabilitation has an opportunity for you!
We offer the opportunity to volunteer at three of our inpatient facilities:
- Carolinas Rehabilitation on Blythe Boulevard in Charlotte.
- Carolinas Rehabilitation-Mount Holly in Belmont.
- Carolinas Rehabilitation-Mercy in Charlotte.
The volunteer application process includes:
- Application and interview
- Letters of recommendation
- Criminal background check
- Two TB skin tests
- Documents of immunizations
- Training in your assigned volunteer area
- Security ID photo taken
- Essay (for teen volunteers)
Those who wish to volunteer during the summer only must submit their application no later than the April of that year. Orientation sessions are held frequently.
For more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator via mail or phone:
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
1100 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28203