- The largest inpatient stroke rehabilitation center in the Southeast
- 23 board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians
- The largest network of accredited specialists, nurses and therapists in the region
- Access to research studies and clinical trials
Inpatient Rehabilitation – Now Closer to Home
In July 2013, Carolinas HealthCare System opened a new rehabilitation facility on the campus of Carolinas Medical Center-Pineville, located in Charlotte, NC, offering a specialized level of care that is convenient to south Mecklenburg, York, Lancaster and Union counties.
This new hospital represents Carolinas HealthCare System's commitment to transform healthcare by making care more accessible to our surrounding communities.
Facility features for Carolinas Rehabilitation-NorthEast include:
- Four-story, 86,500 sq. ft. facility convenient to I-485 and Hwy 51
- 29 private rooms designated for adult inpatient rehabilitation patients requiring general medical and stroke rehabilitation
- 40 long-term acute care beds for patients needing special care
- Enhanced imaging capabilities
- State of the art gym and equipment for comprehensive rehabilitative treatment
- Full-scale, furnished transitional apartment unit where patients can practice maneuvering in a normal environment
- Outdoor rooftop therapy garden and meditation room