After discharge from inpatient care, many of our patients still require continued therapy services. Our specialized clinicians work with state-of-the-art equipment to help patients reach their highest level of independence.
Many patients benefit from continued use of robotic asssisted gait training equipment, which helps treat general walking disabilities resulting from:
|Robotic walking therapy devices are being used to help patients of all ages regain strength and stability after suffering diseases or injuries that impair mobility.
Our outpatient program is led by an exercise specialist who will guide the patient through his/her recovery goals.
Advantages of Robotic-assisted Gait Training Equipment
- Provides a consistent walking pattern and pace, helping the patient re-learn to walk
- Robotic assistance allows for longer and more intensive training sessions
- As the patient's walking ability improves, less assistance from the equipment may be required
- Activity and progress can be easily monitored and assessed
- May help strengthen muscles and bones and improve circulation due to lack of use
- Can be used for those just starting rehabilitation or years after injury.
To Make an Appointment
- A physician referral is required.
- Initially, an evaluation will be completed by a physical therapist to determine appropriateness of the use of this type of equipment.
For questions or to schedule an appointment, call 704-446-4335.
Robotic-assisted Gait Training in the News
Watch this News14 Carolina story about patient Don Phillips.