By choosing Carolinas Rehabilitation, you have taken your first step toward recovery. Our commitment to quality, safety and patient satisfaction is demonstrated by our many awards, accolades and accreditations.
- We are a Traumatic Brain Injury Model System follow up site. The TBI Model System plays a pivotal role in building the national capacity for high-quality treatment and research serving persons with TBI, their families and the communities in which they reside.
- We are an Agency for Healthcare Research Quality (AHRQ) designated Patient Safety Organization (PSO), which is designed to improve the quality and safety of America's healthcare. Carolinas Rehabilitation is the first rehabilitation hospital to operate a PSO and is proud to be one of the first 100 PSOs in the nation.
- We are an academic program, with a teaching residency program. This program is one of 12 medical education residency programs offered through Carolinas Medical Center.
- We maintain accreditation from the Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF awarded Carolinas Rehabilitation a three-year accreditation in 17 specialized programs in 2011.
- We were one of the first inpatient rehabilitation facilities in the nation to apply for and receive the CARF accreditation for our stroke program.
- We are actively involved in numerous research and clinical trials. This research helps us to optimize patient outcomes and develop and improve treatment for our patients and patients across the country.
- We are the only rehabilitation hospital in the nation to be awarded the Top Performer Award for patient satisfaction by Professional Research Consultants.
- In partnership with Levine Children's Hospital, we are the area's sole provider of children's inpatient rehabilitative services.
- Since 2003, our patients and their families have consistently rated our overall quality at 95 percent or better, citing their satisfaction with our level of care, combined with state-of-the-art equipment and an expert staff.
- With four inpatient facilities and 13 outpatient therapy locations, we provide complete, comprehensive rehabilitative care to our patients.
Carolinas Rehabilitation also participates in several independent studies to ensure our inpatient care continues to rank among the highest in the nation. These studies measure the performance of rehabilitation facilities nationwide to better evaluate how our facilities, staff and services have positively affected the rehabilitation of our patients. We will continually strive to meet excellent standards in our efforts to help patients who have sustained life-altering injuries to return to their homes and communities.