Thank you for taking the time to research our program. Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) is the largest institution within Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS). Pharmacists are integrated throughout the system allowing for many unique opportunities and making CMC a perfect place to conduct pharmacy residency programs. We know choosing where to complete a residency is a major decision in your pharmacy career, and we hope you decide to apply for a position at CMC.
Recently our program at CMC has expanded the opportunities within the PGY1 residency program and will now offer 6 available positions. Furthermore, CMC is now starting two new PGY2 specialty programs in Infectious Disease and Hematology/Oncology. The department of pharmacy looks to continue to expand and maintain multiple competitive and innovative residencies in the future. Select the links to the side to find out more about each program or continue reading below to find out more about the many reasons to come to Charlotte for a pharmacy residency.
- Charlotte has an eclectic blend of historical homes and new developments
- Neighborhoods include Dilworth, Myers Park, Elizabeth, Uptown
- Charlotte is home to several Fortune 500 companies
- More than 700 different houses of worship (all denominations)
- Family atmosphere and Southern charm
- Nightlife abounds! Many types of clubs, pubs and sports bars!
Concert VenuesArts & Entertainment
- Charlotte Opera
- Charlotte Symphony
- Charlotte Ballet
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Center's Traveling Broadway series
- Levine Center for the Arts
- The Mint Museums
- Harvey B. Gant Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- Knight Theater
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
- Discovery Place
- Paramount's Carowinds Theme Park
- NBA - Charlotte Hornets
- NFL - Carolina Panthers
- NASCAR - Home of Charlotte Motor Speedway
- PGA - Wells Fargo Golf Championship
- Minor League Hockey - Charlotte Checkers
- Minor League Baseball - Charlotte Knights
- NCAA Sports - University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- U.S. National Whitewater Center
- January: average low 30º - average high 49º
- June: average low 70º - average high 89º
- Sunny days: 214/year
- Average precipitation: 43.1 in.
- Average snowfall: 5-6 in.
- Two large lakes within half an hour of Charlotte
- Just over three hours to the Carolina beaches
- Two hours to the North Carolina mountains
- Many beautiful golf courses in town
- Many parks all around town
- Active community
- YMCA network with over 10 locations in the Charlotte area, including one less than two miles from Carolinas Medical Center
- Year-round festivals and events
We have it all! A great variety less than one mile from Carolina Medical Center. Choices include Southern cooking, sushi, Italian, Mexican, seafood and more.
Where do I live?
- Most residents live within a 10-mile radius
- Average commute is under 20 minutes
- Safe and affordable housing
- Small town neighborhood feel despite being in a "big city"
- Excellent public school system
- UNC Charlotte
- Queens University of Charlotte
- Davidson College
- Winthrop University
- Belmont Abbey College
- Johnson C. Smith University
- Johnson & Wales Culinary Institute
- Duke University
- UNC Chapel Hill
- NC State University
- Wake Forest University
- Clemson University
- University of South Carolina
More About Charlotte
For more information about Charlotte, visit:
- Population 731,500
- Seventeenth largest city in United States
- Second-largest banking center
- Encompasses 268 square miles
- Four hours from the Atlantic Ocean
- Two hours from the Appalachian Mountains
- Discovery Place, a $14 million science and technology museum, which houses a theater, a planetarium, a three-story rain forest, and aquariums for fresh and salt water exhibits.
- For those who love the performing arts, the North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, located uptown in the Bank of America Tower and Founders Hall, features the 2,100-seat Belk Theater.