As your primary care physician at Cabarrus Family Medicine, it is of utmost importance that we maintain current records of your medications and ensure that you do not run out. In order to facilitate this, we request the following:
- In general, your physician will prescribe enough medicine to last you until he needs to see you again. Once you start your last refill, it is time to contact our office. Please do not allow your medicine to run out. Plan on scheduling an appointment or calling at least seven days before you run out. This allows your physician time to review your records, order any necessary labs/X-rays, and/or schedule your appointment.
- Medication can be refilled by calling our clinic or by having your pharmacy contact us.
- Refills on controlled substances (i.e. narcotic pain medications) can only be provided by your primary physician and must be obtained in person.
- To maintain the highest possible level of care, your healthcare provider does not phone-in antibiotic medications without an examination.
- Prescription refills will be handled during regular business hours only, ending at 3:30 p.m. Requests received after 3:30 p.m. will be handled the next business day.