The Pharmacy Technology program at Cabarrus College creates progressive educational experiences that enable learners to develop the advanced knowledge and skills needed to excel as pharmacy technicians in a multitude of settings. Our program offers both a Pharmacy Technology diploma and an Associate of Science in Pharmacy Technology degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with the associate's degree in Pharmacy Technology will be able to:
- Demonstrate medication preparation and dispensing procedures according to legal, ethical, and professional standards.
- Apply knowledge of pharmaceutical calculations to solve mathematical problems frequently encountered in the inpatient and outpatient pharmacy settings.
- Apply clinical knowledge of the most commonly prescribed drugs to the technical duties of the pharmacy technician.
- Participate in quality assurance and error prevention activities by identifying potential problems in the filling of medication orders.
- Conduct pharmacy inventory management activities according to their respective practice settings.
- Practice behaviors that project the image of a health care professional.
- Utilize information technology to facilitate pharmacy dispensing and administrative tasks.