For admission into the Occupational Therapy Assistant Associate of Science Degree program, applicants must meet the general college admission requirements found in the Catalog and submit:
- An official transcript showing evidence of the following high school or college level courses with a preferred grade of “C” or higher:
- Algebra I
- Two professional references on the College form that address your academic abilities and/or work ethic. If you have been enrolled in another Occupational Therapy Assistant program within the last five years, then one reference must be from a program official or faculty member at the institution attended.
- Evidence of at least 25 hours of occupational therapy observation in three different settings by three different occupational therapy professionals who are not immediate or extended family members. It is acceptable for either an OTA/L or COTA/L to complete the observation form. Observation hours will be accepted from out of state sites and facilities but forms must be signed by an occupational therapy professional. Observation hours must be completed for an application to be reviewed for admission to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program.
For admission into the Occupational Therapy Assistant Associate of Science degree program, applicants must meet the general admission requirements to the college and also:
- Submit an official transcript showing evidence of high school or college level Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry, or a math with Algebra II as a pre-requisite, Chemistry and Biology with a preferred minimum grade of "C"
- Provide two references speaking to academic ability and/or work ethic
- Obtain acceptable scores on either the ASSET test (35 - writing, 37 - reading and 33 - numerical), the SAT I (430 - critical reading and 380 - math) OR the ACT (composite score of 18)
- Provide evidence of an upper-half ranking in their high school class
- Present evidence of current course completion in American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers prior to enrollment in first clinical course
- Observations hours are to be completed and all forms submitted prior to acceptance into the OTA Program. The priority deadline for application submission is February 1
- An application and observation hour forms can be submitted after the priority deadline but is subject to review on a space available basis
- Complete a minimum of 25 hours of observation in three different OT settings with three separate OTR or COTA supervisors
Twenty-five observation hours are required in three different Occupational Therapy settings in order to be admitted into the OTA program.
You may select from one of the many facilities in the Concord area or you may contact a facility in your area. A form is required for each site to verify your observation hours by a licensed Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant.