Call a Weight Loss Specialist:
See how bariatric surgery changed
Why Choose Carolinas HealthCare System?
Carolinas HealthCare System's Bariatric and Weight Loss Surgery program is helping patients in the Charlotte and Concord, NC region win their battle with obesity. We offer a team-based approach that will support you every step of the way with the aid of our state-of-the-art bariatric surgery wing. Patient rooms provide a soothing environment for recovery as well as the latest technology in care. From expedited lab results to advanced imagery systems, the high quality of patient care helps decrease the patient's length of stay. Our team of experts includes nutritionists, psychologists, registered nurses and surgeons - all working together to develop a comprehensive plan for each patient.
Our goal is to help you conquer obesity related health problems and achieve safe and sensible weight loss for the rest of your life.
What sets us apart:
- Free weight loss surgery informational seminars. Weekly seminars on weight loss are held throughout the region.
- Non-surgical options. We offer a weight management program designed for patients pursuing a non-surgical option for healthy weight loss.
- Support every step of the way. Monthly support groups and individual counseling provides a forum for patients to share the stories and challenges they've experience during their journey.
- Experience. Our five bariatric surgeons perform more than 250 weight-loss surgeries each year and our excellent surgical outcomes exceed the national average.
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We are designated as a Center of Excellence by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Adolescent weight management program. Carolinas HealthCare System offers the only weight management program in the region to utilize comprehensive services in managing childhood obesity.
Advanced Bariatric Care in the Carolinas
Our surgeons use minimally invasive techniques for smaller incisions, fewer complications and faster recovery, allowing most patients to leave the hospital in as little as one to two days; most patients can return to work shortly after their surgery.
Take the first step towards a healthier lifestyle and attend a free informational seminar on bariatric surgery.