Read interesting ACCORD Program Quick Facts:
- In North Carolina, approximately 450,000 people have diabetes, one-third of whom have not yet been diagnosed.
- Each year, 6,200 North Carolinians die as a result of diabetes.
- Diabetes hospitalization costs are $202 per North Carolina resident per year.
- Many people with Type 2 diabetes can control their blood glucose by following a careful diet and exercise program, losing excess weight, and taking oral medications.
- CMC-Elizabeth Family Medicine