- Charlotte has an eclectic blend of historical homes and new developments.
- Neighborhoods include Dilworth, Myers Park, Elizabeth, Uptown.
- Charlotte is home to several Fortune 500 companies.
- More than 700 different houses of worship (all denominations).
- Family atmosphere and Southern charm.
- Nightlife abounds! Any type of club, pub, sports bar you seek is awaiting you!
- Concert Venues
- Charlotte Opera
- Charlotte Symphony
- North Carolina Dance Theater
- Traveling Broadway series
- Mint Museum of Art
- Mint Museum of Craft and Design
- Paramount's Carowinds Theme Park
- A Shopper's Delight (including Nordstrom's, Burberry, Kate Spade and Louis Vuitton)
- NBA - Charlotte Bobcats
- NFL - Carolina Panthers
- NASCAR - Home of Charlotte Motor Speedway
- PGA - Wells Fargo Golf Championship
- Minor League Hockey - Charlotte Checkers
- Minor League Baseball - Charlotte Knights
- NCAA Sports - University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- U.S. National Whitewater Center
- January: average low 30º - average high 49º
- June: average low 70º - average high 89º
- Sunny days: 214/year
- Average precipitation: 43.1 in.
- Average snowfall: 5-6 in.
- Two large lakes within half an hour of Charlotte
- Just over three hours to the South Carolina beaches
- Two hours to the North Carolina mountains
- Many beautiful golf courses in town
- Many parks all around town
- Active community
- YMCA network with over 10 locations in the Charlotte area, including one less than two miles from CMC
- Year-round festivals and events
We have it all! A great variety less than one mile from Carolina Medical Center. Choices include Southern cooking, sushi, Italian, Mexican, seafood and more.
Where do I live?
- Most residents live within a 10-mile radius
- Average commute is under 20 minutes
- Safe and affordable housing
- Small town neighborhood feel despite being in a "big city"
- Excellent public school system
- Queens University of Charlotte
- Davidson College
- Winthrop University
- Johnson C. Smith University
- Johnson & Wales Culinary Institute
(Within two hours of Charlotte)
- Duke University
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- NC State University
- Wake Forest University
- Clemson University
- University of South Carolina
More About Charlotte
For more information about Charlotte, visit:
- Population 731,500
- Seventeenth largest city in United States
- Second largest banking center
- Encompasses 268 square miles
- Four hours from the Atlantic Ocean
- Two hours from the Appalachian Mountains
- Discovery Place, a $14 million science and technology museum, which houses a theater, a planetarium, a three-story rain forest, and aquariums for fresh and salt water exhibits.
- For those who love the performing arts, the North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, located uptown in the Bank of America Tower and Founders Hall, features the 2,100-seat Belk Theater.